Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have just received a new -Kindle 6inch glare - free touchscreen

I have just received a new -Kindle 6inch glare - free touchscreen display.
The battery has been charged and I am now trying to connect to a wireless network. The Kindle reports that "No WiFi network can be found.
I have other devices connected via WiFi but this new Kindle cannot be connected. My old Kindle was easily connected.
Can you please advise.
Keith Clement
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.when you try to scan for wireless network it does not show your wireless router ssid is that correct and if so follow the steps below. 1. Unplug and power off the wifi router for 3 to 5 mins 2. Connect the ac adapter and turn it back on wait for 2 mins to let the router boot up.3. Now do the same with the kindle let it restart and then you will be able to scan and see the wifi network select and enter the password ***** will be up in running.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
I see you have marked my answer negative, could you please let me know the reason why you have marked it negative. Were you able to perform the steps i gave or not if not let me know i will try to make it more simple for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried all your steps but the device would not register on a Wi Fi network, despite other devices using the network. Sorry.
that is absolutely fine..but had you replied to me rather than giving a rating i would have given you more stepsthat was not the final answer..just the first step to this problem
let me know the model# ***** the kindle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kindle 6inch Glare-free Touchscreen display
when you turned it on the first time did you go through the registration process
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did it several times and then it said that as an Amazon account holder registration would be automatic
lets reset the device...Take the charger out of the device. Press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds, ignoring any message on the screen. If this is a brand new device, after it boots up, it will lead you through the registration process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that and 'hit' the register sign. The machine is not doing anything except the screen greyed out and now it has stated no wi fi networks were found
still not detecting any wireless network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing, despite being in an area where all other WiFi devices work.
on your computer or your smart phone can you do a scan and let me know how many wireless networks are found on the search.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just doing the search on my smart phone - 4 networks identified
and on the kindle its not even detecting any single network is that correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I note from the 'welcoming' email Amazon sent me that it states that my Kindle is automatically reistered to the same Amazon account I used to make the purchase and I should be able to use it 'straight out of the box'
I am sorry to say but this is true that if the kindle wifi is enabled and its not detecting the wifi network that means the problem is with the Kindle as we have already tried the factory reset which would have fixed the problem however the problem is detected to be on the wifi.you will have to get the kindle replaced. I will give you the replacement warranty link.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_ac?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201311110
let me know if you have any more question feel free to ask.
For return you will have to login to the amazon account click on the below link. Returns and refunds click here
Is there anything else i may assist you with?
I believe i have provided you all the necessary information which may lead to a replacement for the bad Kindle you have. Rating negative will not fix the problem till you get it replaced part from that i have troubleshoot the problem and identified the fault and let you know to get it replaced. If you still think i can do more then let me know the magic.If you are not satisfied with the troubleshooting and the info provided to you let me know. Rating negative will not lead to a refund if there is anything about refund let me know i can help you.