Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My name is***** am trying to get into Cortana

Hi my name is***** am trying to get into Cortana for which I have generated a new password ***** Microsoft which I use to log into my email .... but when I try to log into Cortana it asks for my old password ***** which I then type in and Microsoft does not remember my old password ***** I get no further with logging into Cortana so I generate a new password ***** it asks me for the old one so I type it in and it still does not recognise my old password ***** please please can you help me***@******.*** ***@******.***
Hi there and welcome
You do not actually need to sign into Cortana.
Do you mean your trying to sign into your computer so you can use it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my computer is up and running only had it 2 weeks came preinstalled with windows 10 I just need access to my MS account which I can do then it asks me to verify who I am by asking what my old password ***** so I then type it in and it tells me my old password ***** ***** I must have generated about three new passwords in the last few hours so I remember what my previous password ***** ***** still no joy .............. I can log into my email using every new password ***** generate no problem but to get into Cortana to set it up it asks me to verify my old password ***** must have about 3 old passwords now and have tried them all but no luck
ok, is this for the account
***@******.***?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do I do next
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a message saying you are not allowed to control the remote computer at the moment ?
Ok, your trying to control a computer, you need to give me here the ID and Password ***** so I can control yours
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
612 570 815
password ***** *****
connecting now