Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

My Kindle won't download books because it says I'm not connected

My Kindle won't download books because it says I'm not connected to Wifi -but I am. Moreover they have just sent me an Email charging me for a book they say they can't download
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download a book.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The same: I buy the book, and is listed as "queued. later it will say that I am not connected
Which model Kindle do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you Tap Menu→Settings.
From the same screen, tap Wi-Fi Networks.
Tap on your network and tap remove.
Then repeat my initial instructions and then connect to your wifi network again.
Tell me if it then allows you to download a book please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no button marked remove. Please phone ***********
you press on your network then you will see remove or forget, its this you press on
I work online here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not expect to be charged for this, unless you phone or return by text
I just replied to you, and as I indicated I work online here, not via phone, I never indicated to you I would phone.
Can you do the instructions as I have indicated please.