Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

My pc lights up and the fans start but no power goes to the

my pc lights up and the fans start but no power goes to the peripherals. except one time a message came up which referred to an ssd i had installed i couldn't read much of it as it only appeared for a few seconds and the pc was turned off. i have windows 10.
Can you tell me, what do you see at present on the screen ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i've restarted it an it wants the password ***** the bios
ill enter that now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i got a message headed 'American Megatrends'
i did not have time to read it all
At the bottom it said system will shut down in 15 seconds
And thats what happened
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have i got to start a free trial to get more info?
Sorry for the late reply, when the screen become blank, does the PC completly shuts down or do you still see the lights on it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the pc shuts down completely
Can you tell me, if you see anything like "Checksum Bad" on the screen, before the system shutsdown completely ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there was nothing about a checksum. there was about 12 lines of info. it said something about my ssd ( a samsung evo 850 250 GB) i cant replicate this . i've tried to start it twice - the lights come on but nothing else happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is American Megatrends
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just googled it on my mac they are a bios vender
Yes
Thanks for the information, the problem you are facing is caused due to defective hardware of the computer, to be specific the problem is with the USB controller of the mother board, as it is also associted with the SSD, now can disconnect the SSD and let me know, what happens ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i'll do that now. yea - it did mention USB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i disconnected the ssd from the leads and restarted but nothing comes up on the screen
Do you mean, the screen is completely blank, when you turn on the PC ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
OK, then remove the power cord for few secs. and then reconnect it and power on the PC.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
done that. screen still blank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all connections seem ok
Do you see those message on the screen ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no - no messages
OK, do you see any light on the PC or does the fan starts, when you press the power switch ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was like this earlier on. sometimes you could get into the bios other times you couldn.t.
OK, now reconnect the SSD and let me know, what happens ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the pc does light up and the fan runs.
Thanks for providing all the information and helping to understand the problem, but unfortunately I do not have any good news for you, because the problem you are facing is caused due to defective controller on the mother board and there is no other way to overcome this problem, without repairing or replacing the mother board. Please let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
same problem when i connect the sad