Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

I have a Chromebook, which has one feature in the software

I have a Chromebook, which has one feature in the software that have been unable to turn off. The "automatically click when the mouse pointer stops" feature refuses to turn off, and is driving me ti the point I am ready to bin the machine.
PLEASEcan you tell me how to turn it off. I have alreday gone through settings/advanced settings/acessibility etc and unclicked the box, but it makes no difference. Is there an "apply" or similar that should also be clicked? I cannot find anything.
Roger Strudwicke
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Try also turning off "Turn on tap dragging"
Does it then stop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its already off - so no difference
Can you remove the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, and turn on the Chromebook and tell me if the settings now apply please.
Roger, I see it worked, can you return here and rate me please.