Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, I now find my existing

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, I now find my existing documents in Word 2007 when printed do not fill an A4 sized paper although appearing correct in print preview. I have consulted Epson support who spent time with me & concluded that it was not the printer was at fault. He said that he thought the problem was to do with something that was needed to adjusted with Word 2002. I would appreciate some help with the problem.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.Have you tried setting the type of paper for the printer as A4?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Martin I have
Good, how about the settings in the print window that ask you if you want to fit the page or print actual size?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I thought that as it was an existing document it was already done.
Does it only happen on Word?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then it might just be a margin setting - can you set the margin as custom and enter 0" as the Top Left, Right margin?Set it to apply to the whole document.You can also select this option from the print window and set it to print "wide" but it will give you 1" max off each side.If you want it to print the whole page width (or as close to it) you need to set those custom settings as I mentioned above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can try as you say though I see in the page set-up box that all the margin setting are as I set them originally set them. Shall I pull up the document now?.
Yes, set the top left and right margins to 0" for the whole document and print a test page of your document, just one page to see if it makes a difference
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done what you said & I have been left wit a wide margin on the right , which was the problem in the first place. I think I should have mentioned that the right margin was the problem ( 2inch margin). All along the document has appeared correct on the screen.
Oh ok, then you can go back into the margin settings and set it to 1" on each side so it's evenDoes that make a difference to the printout ?
Just to make sure we're on the same page, have a look at this video:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well Martin I have done as you say, everything looks OK on the screen but I still have a wide margin of almost " inches on the right. I would add that the document is in landscape format with the text in 3 columns.
Sorry, almost how many inches?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 inches
If you give me some time I can connect to you remotely and work on the problem with you from your computer - If you set the margin to 0" does it print the same on the right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes with the wide margin on the right
Then maybe it's the actual document margin that's limited - have you had a look at that?
It would be easier if I could have a look at it - I don't currently have Word 2007 installed so I can't recall if it's 2007 or earlier that had separate settings for the page and print margins.Would you like to do a remote session?
Look at this video and set the "Show text boundaries" option to on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have looked at that, I would add that I have been using this document for several years with no problems. It is a fixture card for a bowls club
If you create a new document and try to imitate the layout, with different bogus text, does it print out properly or do the same thing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried that and the same problem occurs.
When did the problem start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 weeks ago. I have looked at the video and applied as it said and the margins appear as I set them
Have you tried system restore?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I am not sure how to do that
Press WindowsKey+R type rstrui and hit Enter(WindowsKey can be found on the bottom left of the keyboard between Ctrl and Alt and usually has a flag-like icon on it)Go next and see if you can choose one of the oldest Restore points, or select a date before the problem occurred. Go Next and let the system restore run.Let me know when you've completed the restore.Martin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Martin before I try this will I lose any of my files. If it is possible could we switch to a remote session?
Sure. And no, you won't lose any personal files, only system settings are reverted. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link: click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientLet me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin