Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My son brought a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 in September

Hi my son brought a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 in September 2015 now he's got vertical lines running down one side.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the phone if connected and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Note and check for the lines. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi its not a phone it's a tablet.
ok, the Note is both a phone or a tablet, but the workings are the exact same, as are my instructions.On your Tablet, you can do the instructions exactly as I said please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi you will have to bare with me I'm waiting for him to get home
No problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi just read your instructions don't think I may of explained he gets whatever screen he's on but the lines overlap down the one side of screen a bit like a barcode
ok, if there is no change at all when switching screens then we know this is the LCD pixels faulting. As its rows it will be the controller points on the side of the screens.This is a hardware fault, and I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the phone to have the screen replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you