How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Quiksilver07070 Your Own Question
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Quiksilver07070 is online now

I am looking at second hand tascam 4 and 8 track analogue

Customer Question

I am looking at second hand tascam 4 and 8 track analogue cassette recorders (models 424mkII and 644). The only ones available at present are from USA. Can these be used in the UK on 240 volts by plugging the tascam lead into some form of adaptor like those sold for travellers? Would this work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing should be a sticker on the devices somewhere that tells you the Electrical power it needs as the Input.So long as you MATCH this....with a convertor of some type, then it will work just fine..Ive seen many things work on many different power sources, just as long as the power is converted to the Input power needed.YOu can run off batteries if you want......but you need an (Invertor as its called)But you can also go in reverse.But since you are only going from AC current to AC current, just changing the voltage and the will work fine.remember....60 hertz! 110 volts, and typically it is a 20 Amp circuit. Max Wattage from a USA home outlet is 1800 Watts.