Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Hitachi XL1000 hard drive does not appear to be recognised

My Hitachi XL1000 hard drive does not appear to be recognised by my laptop now running Windows 10. Any ideas please?
Hi there and welcome DavidIf you press the windows key + EThen click on This PCTell me all the drives listed eg: C: under This PC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only C drive is listed.
ThanksCan you connect it to a different USB port on the computer please and tell me if it is then detected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have tried 2 other ports, but still not recognised.
ok, can you try it on another computer there. Is it then recognized?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not found on my wife's laptop, next to mine.
ok, so its not the computerIt will be the cable or the drive itself.Can you connect a different cable to it and connect that to the computer Is it then detected David?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A change of cable has brought it to life and l can now see the files on this device. Hopefully problem solved, thanks.
Great, the cable was the issue David, it will be ok now.If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you