Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

IS my DNS setting flushed and set on automatic?

Hi. Chris. To flush your DNS do this:Hold down the Windows logo key, just to the left of the spacebar,and press R.The Run box will open.In the text area type: cmd and click OK.At the blinking prompt in the black window type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.You'll get a message the the DNS Resolver Cache was successfully flushed.This isn't something that happens automatically.
Can I ask what the issue was that prompted your initial inquiry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was trying to watch Netflix and it came up with this error: Whoops, something went wrong...Streaming ErrorYou seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what the suggested I do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what they suggested I do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what they suggested I do.
Are you watching Netflix on a PC using the Chrome browser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yea
I just noticed you listed Chrome as your browser, sorry.With Chrome open, in the address bar at the top,delete anything there and type in: chrome://extensionsand press Enter.In the list of extensions, uncheck any boxes that say Enabled.Go back to Netflix and try again.Let me know the result please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
coming up with the same error
Does any of this apply to you? https://help.netflix.com/en/node/277
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that the error
That I know but does any of content in the article apply to you?Do you have any VPN or Proxy software installed on the computer?Is there any program installed that supposedly lets you viewforeign content?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
none
Who's your Internet provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BT
Are you using BT Openzone or I think it's now called just BT Wi-fior do you have a BT Home Hub?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BT home hub
What version of Windows are you using on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
window ten
Right click on your start button and select Run.In the Run box type: msconfig and click OK.Click the Services tab at the top and put a checkmarkin the box labeled "Hide all Microsoft Services"click Disable All>>Apply>>OK>>Exit without Restart.Right click on your taskbar and open Task Manager.Click the Startup tabDisable everything there and restart your computer and try Netflix.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still coming up with the same error
What happens if you use Edge or Internet Explorer to watch Netflix?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
same error
Well, I don't think it's your PC.I'd give BT a call and see what they have to say about this.
Are you logging in to Netflix using an account that was created in another country?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it was created in the uk
Do you have another PC or laptop connected to the same router that gets Netflix with no problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and my phone works with netflix as well
See if this makes a difference:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/netflix/9wzdncrfj3tj
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it coming up with the error: Sorry there a problem communicating with Netflix please try again
When was the last time you were able to watch Netflix on that PC without an error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just before I had my computer check in for repairs at the end of Feb begining of march
OK. So whatever was done to the computer is what broke it.Do you know what was done to it? Maybe it can be reversed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I reinstall windows 10
Right-click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)At the blinking prompt in the black window type the following commands, pressing Enter after eachnetsh winsock resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /releaseipconfig /flushdnsnetsh int ip reset netshlog.txtRestart the machine and check Netflix.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
coming up with the same error
Why don't we start at the beginning and you tell me the story about what happened to yourPC that preceeded this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
USB ports stop working so I took my laptop into a laptop repair shop in Croydon to get it fixed. They could not fix the USB ports but the reinstall windows 10 at first Netflix would not load and now it won't stream
Thank you. What is the brand and model of your laptop please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dell
XPS L501X
Part of the problem is that Dell never developed drivers for the laptop for Windows 10http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15/driversSo now, with Windows 10 having been reinstalled it wiped away all the Windows 7 drivers that wereworking when you upgraded it.The only way you'll be able to get the laptop even close to the way it should be working is to goback to Windows 7. You wouldn't happen to have the installation disk would you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't sorry
I'm not sure what to tell you. It sounds like after you upgraded to Windows 10 the laptop never ranright.Maybe the guys in Croydon can get it sorted out.