How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 43218
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Richard is online now

Im currently owning an msi gs40 and i just bought a 144hz monitor,

Customer Question

im currently owning an msi gs40 and i just bought a 144hz monitor, BenQ XL2430T. However my laptop has only hdmi and a mini displayport. From what I've researched I can't get more than 60Hz through a hdmi cable. So what do I have to do to get 120Hz on my monitor connecting my laptop? and what type of cable do I need?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo output 1080p at 120Hz or 144Hz, you need a dual link DVI-D or DisplayPort cable and connect those to your monitor and can get the Dual link here the mini display port to display port cable here you do not have the DVI ports then you use the mini display port cableIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you