Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My husband has passed away - I would like to use his I pad

Customer Question

My husband has passed away - I would like to use his I pad which is a lot newer than mine
-- I haven't a clue what to do -- please can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.What is the model number of the ipad you want to use.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MD3308B/A hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Michelle330B
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
is it i-pad 2?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I think so - it's slimmer than mine
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you can factory reset the ipad and then you can use it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
1. Connect iPad to your computer.2. Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar, then click the Summary tab.3. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there’s a newer version of the iPad software available.4. Click Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is recommended that you back up iPad when prompted. When the iPad software has been restored, you can choose to set up iPad as a new iPad, or restore your music, videos, app data, and other content from a backup.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I do that - I'm not clever with technology
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
gave you the steps its very simple to follow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trouble is I can't get into the computer as my husband used ti deal with all of. That
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
how are you chatting with me now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On my old I Pad
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you would need a computer and the ipad cable to get the ipad reset. what is the problem you are facing with your husbands ipad does it have a password ***** it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get into his eye pad but it's full of stuff that I won't need- don't know where cables are- sorry I sound dumb haven't
Had to do stuff before
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem so you have access to the ipad but you need to know how to remove unwanted stuff which you want to remove is that correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and change it to my email-all I have is the number that opens it up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would it help if I give you his email
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
to change the email address linked to your Apple IDLaunch Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and go to appleid.apple.comIf on an iOS device, tap on Manage Your Apple ID.If asked, verify your identity after logging in.Click or tap on Edit in the Apple ID and Primary Email Address section.Enter your new email address. Remember, the email you use can not be an existing Apple ID.Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Save Changes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't got his I phone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or do you mean his I pad
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Maam it was a generic to iphone -ipad and mac computer so consider the ipad and follow the steps.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you will have to create a new Apple id email to use it with.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have any question please ask. Please do not use a negative rating as i have provided you professional and truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry just can't deal with this it's so upsetting that I'm a bit thick when dealing with stuff like this
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
do you have a computer in that case i can remote connect and configure a new apple id for you on which you can simply follow the steps and setup the ipad as per your choice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont have the password ***** the The computer- so guess this a wasted job
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Not actually if you want you can create a new apple id from your existing ipad and then you can use that id on the new ipad you dont have be be a computer genius for this.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Should i send you youtube video which you can watch and follow steps?
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Creating a New Apple ID on IpadVideo click here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes pleas e
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
already sent maam.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm to distressed to deal with this I've made a huge mistake is this costing £28 pounds a month
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea what billing plan you have signed in for however if you have any billing related question you may contact customer care they will help you with.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
United Kingdom : 0***-***-****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to finish this now -sorry it's too upsetting - I've given 5 stars - this is beyond me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.