Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I loaded a Google map earlier and it came with an unwanted

I loaded a Google map earlier and it came with an unwanted new home homepage called 'Directions Ace' by 'MyWay' a US company based in Yonkers. Can you advise on how I can delete it please? I have tried a system restore to 19 April to no effect and I am unable to identify it on files in the control panel to delete it myself. I have had Bing as a homepage when I lost my BT Homepage about two months ago.
RogerB
Hi there and welcomeCan you go to Start, control Panel, uninstall a programDo you see a program listed with the word Mind in it your not aware of installing? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard, Thanks I was on here years ago with car mechanics questions, so not new. Checked Control Panel Uninstall programs, nothing with Mind appears to be there. I did check uninstall before I contacted you guys.
Roger
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard, ID: 148 028 928
Password: 1310
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked uninstall on control panel again and found the unwanted site under 'Directions' and cancelled it. I lost my BT site a couple of months ago on a reorganisation and was given a Bing site. msn has now come up! Ideally I would like a bt or Yahoo homepage if you can do that please.
Roger
connecting now Roger