Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming

I have an Asus laptop model X553M. Bought in Tralee,Ireland

Hello. I have an Asus laptop model X553M. Bought in Tralee,Ireland October 2015.
Has worked well since. Has been out of use since April 5th as we were away on holiday.
On switching on today, after a full charge, it comes up with log in screen but refuses to do
anything else - despite much switch on/off.
Canyou please suggest something?
***** *****
Hello Patrick and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.What do you see on the logon screen, does it say Windows and does it show your email address or is it a dull looking window just asking for a password?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shows email address and asks for Pin. Login is***@******.*** PIN No 1419
Are you contacting me from a computer, Patrick?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. from a chromebook
Can you describe the logon window you see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the screen shows as follows:
***** ********@******.***
sing-in options
Screen is unreasponsivce to any clicking
Does the keyboard work at all?For example, if you press Shift 5 times quickly, does it do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shift does nothing as if dead to keyboard
Can you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to make sure it powers right off?Then power it back on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now currentlu configuring windowq updates. Waiting for this to finish. Think we may be getting
somewhere.─ Standby and i shall respond again when its finished.
Sounds good - do not shut the computer whilst it's doing that.Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
configuring updates completed Now restarting. Now back to configuring window updates 35-100%. Now opening window (date + time). Login of PIN accepted. WE now have Window icons etc. Now accessed Gmail programmes and printed docs.
Martin, thank you very much for your help
Best regards
You are most welcome, Patrick.Just before you go
If you could take a moment to provide some feedback using the button at the top right of this page, it would be greatly appreciated!Thank you and have a lovely night!Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found martin's service and instruction
Best regards