Cory, Computer Technician
Experience:  Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years

My Kindle - a present in October 2012 - has suddenly stopped

My Kindle - a present in October 2012 - has suddenly stopped working. It is fully charged. Depressing the "start" button gives a short green light which almost immediately goes of again with nothing on the screen. Depressing it for longer simply causes the green light to flash - as in switching off. Any thought how to recover it?

Welcome, I am Cory.

I am sorry you are having this issue.

Please try to reset the Kindle by holding the power button/on switch for a full 40 seconds and tell me if it is working after that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to have done the trick! I have never experienced the problem before - and I have a lot of books on my Kindle! Hopefully it will now be alright for a bit longer.

I am glad it is working now.

Please do not forget to rate my answer with 3 stars or more at the top of the page.

Have a good day!