Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have one of the early Kindle (Model no:D01100) and am

I have one of the early Kindle (Model no:D01100) and am having trouble charging it. Also I can no longer connect with the Wifi. I did close my Amazon account last year because my system got hacked. Would this be part of the problem

Hi!

Charging your Kindle would not have anything to do with you closing your Amazon account.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow 30 minutes for a charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have tried the reboot and it still does not hold a charge. It was bought as a Christmas present 2-3 years ago

The method that I have provided is slightly different from the basic reboot that you do while holding down the buttons.