Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

On my Kindle Fire the Swype function no longer works and the

On my Kindle Fire the Swype function no longer works and the screen is grey.
I cannot input text for e mail/web issues any more
Parental controls are off

Hi David,

This is similar to your previous steps with the switching off but it is slightly different...

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Tried the 45 second shut down but web page still grey and Swype clearly not workingThe machine is about 2/3 years oldIs there anything else I can do or do I need to buy another KindleBest wishes

David,

There is one last thing that you can try...

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/mycd

• From Your Devices, select a device that supports Manage Your Device.
  • Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Factory Reset

If that does not work then it is likely that your Kindle has hardware failure and would need to be replaced. Amazon usually offers discounts for current Kindle users to upgrade their devices. Please call 1-***-***-****

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can log onto amazon as suggested and get to Your Devices and can select my Kindle Fire no D01EAOA021450EPL but can't find any drop down box allowing me to do a remote factory reset !!

David,

I am sorry to hear that. Not all Kindles have that feature so I was hoping that yours did.

In that case, you will need to call Amazon at the number above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.In West Indies, what number do i call pleaseThanks for help

Their international phone number is *****