Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

I can not receive nor send Emails: Error I.D.

I can not receive nor send Emails: Error I.D. Ox8DE00005.Please help.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program and version you are using?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks I just want the present problem solved. Would my Provider be Microsoft? I do not want a contract froFaster Answers

No, microsoft is a company.

I need to know the email program and version you use please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that , my email is***@******.*** I am not computer literate and do not understand, so I hope that that is the programe

ok, thats your email address.

What is the nmme of the program you open when you try to access your emails, this is what I need to know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be Windows Live Mail?

That is it, thank you

Can you click on my link below and tell me please if you can sign into your account here

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my email but could not open it up ??/

what happened when you tried to open it up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it appeared behind your logo, it was very faint but I could see my emails in the background, but did not know how to open them

Click on an email and it should then open Rosaleen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Richard for your patience and help. It is appearing in a different f ormat t and I am afraid of disturbing it. Can I close this window down an try to open my emails???

There is no need to close it, just minimize it by clicking on the - in the top right

But the emails are now opening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know I am afraid of disturbing it ; can you bring it up again and I shall try

I cannot, as I am not on your computer.

You will see it as a tab at the top or the screen, the word Mail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richrd I have done that; it is still coming up with unable to send or receive email ??What can I do

ok, your not doing the instructions I am giving.....

Did you sign into

Where you able to sign in? Did you see your emails.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could see my emails in the original format and poened an old one but the notice still came up, no new email appeared and I know that I received new ones this A.M. and yesterday. Please help

ok, in windows live mail, click on File in the top left, then email accounts.

Then click on your account and click on remove as we are going to add the account again.

Once done, click on Add, enter in your hotmail credentials and once the account has been added again, try to send and receive

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Richard, but when I go into w indowa live mail I cannot find any file in the top left , so cannot access A/C to continue. I have tried several moves but they just bring e to Google

Please watch this movie which will show you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard I think that t might be better if you link into my laptop. can that be done ,but whT IS THE COST

You will see the cost show up with the offer, review it please and accept it and I can then connect.

Please click this link, click I agree and run the file

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard is this a secure site and will you have access to any other data on me computer?? Also I do not have my files backed up

It is secure, and you see and control everything I do on your computer.

I am only interested in fixing the problem then closing the connection

Customer: replied 1 year ago.