Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My Kindle Paperwhite has stopped working, it is fully

My Kindle Paperwhite has stopped working, it is fully charged

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the power on / off button on your kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- After trying the above step, what is showing on the kindle's screen now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture on the screen changes but the Kindle still does not work

Sorry. Please charge the kindle, and while charging it, press and hold hard on the power on / off button on the kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Do you mean the touchscreen is still not working?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the touchscreen is still not working

Was the kindle dropped?

Did water get on the kindle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never dropped - no water on the Kindle

I'm sorry. It looks like it's a hardware issue with the screen. How old is your kindle paperwhite? Did it have any issue recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 60 push seemed to the job, it is now working. However it has lost the latest books that I put in

Great. Can you please go to Wi-Fi / wireless option on the kindle and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is connected to the wi-fi network "HomeBox-2580_2.4G"

Thank you. Please click on the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

, and sign in your Amazon account if prompted

, then click on the Actions button / icon of each book you want, then click on the option Deliver, and select your kindle, then click on Deliver

, then see if those books show up on your kindle now.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those books are on the Kindle, but the latest books were in Danish and purchased from another source, not Amazon

I'm sorry. Can you transfer those books that you've purchased from another source to the kindle again? Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know, but it will take some time. Can we resume this conversation another day?

Yes, of course. You can always get back to me any time at this web page via the View Answer link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for our patience,