How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Josh Your Own Question
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 21674
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Josh is online now

Purchased Samsung Tab S from Hihi Electronics through Amazon

This answer was rated:

Purchased Samsung Tab S from Hihi Electronics through Amazon in Dec 2014 require warranty repairs due to continuous rebooting when on battery not improved despite full factory reset 3/4 times.
Due to device being registered in Hong Kong, UK support will not carry out warranty repairs and due to Hihi no longer trading through Amazon not able to obtain any contact details for Hihi from Amazon and emails through Amazon system not getting any replies. Amazon no help and have suggested go to Samsung.
Contacted Samsung Hong Kong and they say will have to take device into Hong Kong support office but leaving in UK makes this impossible. Did ask them for address to send device by courier for repair but not accepted still replied by saying need to bring into support for repair.
I obviously now realise that should not have purchased tablet from Hong Kong due to no UK support but can't change so any suggestions as to how I can get Tablet repaired - device is useless on battery only works if connected to mains.
Can you help

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is quite a dilemma!

Even if you send the tablet for repair, it will cost you because it is outside of the warranty time-frame of 1 year. To be honest, the cost of repair will probably cost around or more than the price of purchasing a new tablet. Amazon may refund you the cost or issue an Amazon credit if you call them and speak with a helping supervisor (I have done that multiple times) but it is not something that they have to do since it has been over a year.

At this point, I would suggest trying to get a refund from Amazon and if that does not work then you will need to contact Samsung to see if they will provide any discounts for an upgrade due to the issue.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh and 3 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you