Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have lost the contact name and number on the screen when I

I have lost the contact name and number on the screen when I receive a call from a named person on my phone. I only get the message -incoming call. I believe I pressed the top left-hand (minus) button by mistake when something I didn't recognised came up on the screen.

Hi Robin,

What is the make and model number of the phone?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Panasonic Model KX-TGH220E
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
A verbal explanation would be appreciated. Many thanks

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

-----------

Does the problem only happen for one caller?
Does the number show on the display for any callers at all?

Do you have any other phones connected to the same line that still show a phone number?

If not, then you will need to check with your landline provider that Caller ID is still active on your line. (e.g. check with BT/TalkTalk, etc)

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have two phones with windows and both show the same message "incoming call". I believe I must have pressed the wrong key when I think the word text appeared on the screen a few days ago after I had added a new number to my phonebook list.

Are these phones connected to the same base station?

Do you have any other display phones that are not part of the same base station?

This will help confirm that your line is receiving the Caller ID service.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have the two panasonic phones and two other phones (without windows) and all are in working order. The latter two phones are linked and a conversation could be shared by using both phones and with the party calling. I haven't tried that with the panasonic phones.

Ok, so there are no other phones with displays that will show caller ID to confirm that it is active on your line?

There isn't anything that you can press on the KX-TGH220E to deactivate caller ID so can you test the phone system on someone else's line that does have caller ID to confirm they are working there, or check with your landline provider (e.g. BT) that there are no issues with the caller display on your line?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. I will phone the only person I know has a phone that identifies who is calling. I will reply to you when this has be done.

Ok, looking forward to hearing back from you. Pete.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I only got my friend's answerphone but just phoned my mobile and it showed that the call was from me so must assume that others with the window will see it is either me or my wife phoning them.

Yes, others will see your number appear ok.

We still don't know if it is a problem with your line or not though.

Can you check with your landline provider (e.g. BT) that there are no issues with the caller display on your line?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have been to the EE website and followed their instructions on how to check my land line. It is OK. I am therefore convinced it is something I must have inadvertenty pressed on my phone that has cancelled the names of incoming callers. Does this help you or would you advise I contact Panasonic? Many thanks, Robin

Ok then perhaps the line mode setting has changed on the phone, so it cannot process the caller id information.

To fix this,

1. Press [MENU] [#] [1] [2] [2]
  2. Change the setting from default "B" to "A".
  3. Press [SAVE] then [OFF].

Let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello Pete,
Your latest advice - #122 did not connect and I cannot find that number in the Panasonic Operating Instruction Manual that came with the phones. I have now found a message "memory empty" so this is probably the reason for not receiving the a contact name and number from entries in my Phonebook. I can find no mention of memory in the Instruction Manual so wonder if my phones have been "attacked" by the endless stream of nuisance calls I have been receiving lately. I was getting so many saying "International Call - out of area" and a number giving a genuine area 01--- opening. I never answer these calls but look the number up on the computer and find mostly that they are nuisance calls. I am now not answering any calls but responding if it is a genuine call from someone I know. I have tried all the advice I received from EE and have established tht my landline is fine so the fault must lie in the phone. Thank you very much for your help. If thereis anything you can add I would be grateful but think I may have to invest in new phones. Best wishes, Robin.

Ok Robin,

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time :)

If you do need anything else you can reply back at any time.

Pete.