Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

MG6350 printer command screen is frozen. Cannot copy or scan

MG6350 printer command screen is frozen. Cannot copy or scan etc. Can still print OK via computer. Help please. Alex

Hi Alex, is it only the touchscreen that is not responding?

Contamination or greasemarks on the touchscreen can sometimes cause this - can you try wiping it with a cloth and see if that helps?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried that. No response

Ok, then it is likely that the touchscreen display has failed and will need to be replaced.

If you need to scan you can still control the printer using the Canon software on your computer rather than the touchscreen panel.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK Where do I go for replacement touchscreen and is it cost effective vs new printer.?

You can contact your local Canon dealer or contact Canon directly:

If the printer is out of the 2 year warranty then it cost around £100 to have the screen repaired, so it would probably be more economical to get a good deal on a new printer instead.

However I have in the past set up printers like this for users to continue using through the software on their computer rather than using the touchscreen. It is a bit more awkward but still do-able.

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.