PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Server, networking, desktop questions welcome.

Assistant: How can we help? I purchased my Dell computer in

Assistant: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Hello. I purchased my Dell computer in April 2014, it had Windows 8 installed and was subsequently upgraded to 8.1 and when it became available, to the free version of Windows 10 Home.
Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Sorry, I keep pressing enter and sending the the unfinished message. I recently had an unknown failure of my computer and had to use the Dell factory reset. This,of course took me back to Windows 8. Is it possible to re-instate the free version of Windows 10. Thank you.
Assistant: The Microsoft Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The computer was purchased 30th April 2014. I tried the troubleshooting facilities but ended up with only having access to re-boot or checking the bios settings all with no luck.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you have a product key for your Windows 8?

Please click the link below and select I agree and then please download the remote

Client file and open it.

Did you click on the link?

We can use teamviewer as well if you struggle with the link above

Download from link below and open teamviewer and provide me with the ID and password ***** the screen

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, thank you. 712 709 230

And the password *****?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Sorry I lost my connection

Did the download finish?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have just finished downloading the update to Windows 10 version1703 following activation.
Thank you again for you assistance. Leonard Warr.