John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.

You did a hour log update on my desk top machine last week

You did a hour log update on my desk top machine last week it is running Windows 10. Since this I am unable to access Microsoft edge it opens the blank page for 15 sec then closes on its own. Can you helpRegards
Derek Dearing

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Do you have any other web browser installed in the computer like Chrome or Firefox also have you tried accessing web pages using Internet explorer?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

OK first we can try system restore to see if this issue can be solved.I will give you the instruction how to do it in a moment.

Before you do system restore please read the following which will allow you to get back to this page after system restore.

Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

To do system restore please follow the below instructions.This process can sometimes take a while so please do not interrupt the process.

1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box

2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next

3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date were edge was working fine which was before the windows 10 update. If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window. Now select the desired restore date.

4. Then click on next and continue with the system restore process

During the process the system will restart after that see if the edge issue got solved and please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is running restore now. I will let you know when it's completeThank you

Good i will be here.

Checking to see whether the Edge issue got solved after system restore.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
John i have tried reboot twice, it has only resulted in loosing google as well.

I apologize for the delay.

I am confused did you reboot while system restore was running ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No sorry I meant restore. Can you guarantee to resolve this if I pay for a secure connection if this is caused by by Microsoft update

Before you choose secure remote assistance option with additional pay let me check your system and see if it can be fixed then we can go with the additional pay.

is that OK with you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is

To do remote support please click on this link that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have done as requested did it work

No i haven't got the access to your computer.Did you run the downloaded Elisnore Screen Connect file.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i did press save that was all it seemed to want

After you save it you need to run the file so please go to your downloads folder and open Elisnore Screen Connect file.