Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I own a Cannon E510 printer that I purchased when I lived in

I own a Cannon E510 printer that I purchased when I lived in Indonesia in 2013 for work. The printer takes cannon 88 Black and 98 colour cartidges.
I have just move back to UK and when I buy a genuine cannon colour cartridge in UK it is a 510 for black and a 511 for colour.
I just bought my first uk cartridge a colour 511 and inserted it correctly.
Now I have an alarm telling me I need to only install a 98 cartridge on my computer and a e05 ERRORON My printer.
So I reloaded a European driver - still demands a # 98 colour cartridge.The printer will not work or print with a 511 colour cartridge - please advise

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, Canon, and other printer manufacturers, have a regional code setting, so that the printer will only recognise cartridges from that region. Here is an article about this, but I cannot guarantee the instructions to change the code will work.

http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=6249

Alternatively, contact Canon, or purchase 88 and 98 cartridges online.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard, thank you for the response, I will try the button push exercise shortly.
Is there a reset back to makers original setup if it all goes a funny shape.

Hi Nick,

Not that I'm aware of so there is a risk to consider there.

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Nick,

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you that's great

Hi Nick,

Could you complete the rating stars please?

Best Regards,

Rich