Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have just parked my car and couldn't remove the key from

I have just parked my car and couldn't remove the key from the ignition and total loss of electrics and gear is stuck in park any suggestions?

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

That is controlled by an electronic sensor. The vehicle has to be in Park before the key will come out of ignition.

Try this please> apply the brake and move the shifter all the way down and then back up, be firm but not too rough. Then while the brake is still depressed, try wiggle/moving the steering wheel a little left and then right. Then try removing the key again. Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to remove the key it just turns in the ignition but there is no power

okay, does your headlights come on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No

okay, that indicates the battery is dead.

! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I jump start the car, just to let you know the car wouldn't start after the frost yesterday but started ok later in the day and has been fine since started well this morning .

yes, you can jumpstart. Be careful to connect the positive and negative cable correctly.

The symptoms you are describing are indicating a bad battery.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not able to do it now will need to get jump leads later, thank you

sounds good!