Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I want to upload (backup) everything that I have on my

Hi There. I want to upload (backup) everything that I have on my laptop and be able to access and VIEW it ONLINE in the same format that it is currently on my laptop. ie. I'm running windows 10, can I upload my entire laptop contents to anywhere online and log in, view (in windows 10) from anywhere and use it in the same way as I am using my laptop now. I want to reformat my current laptop and give it to someone. I may then buy another machine and download it all later. From what I see about clous and other similar services is you can backup files but not really view them/work with them online.
I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. I have no idea what I'm doing. Could anyone tell me if there is a solution and point me in the right direction please? ie. sync/upload to a windows 10 platform and then view/work with the files as and when needed? Any ideas? Many Thanks!!!

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i know what type of data is it?

Documents, Pictures, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Kamil. It's programs, docs, pics, everything on my harddrive. Is it possible to do this ? I'd basically like a virtual harddrive running windows 10 online that I can upload the whole of my "c" to and then view and use in the same way as I do with my laptop. Is there such a thing? Are we talking a server using windows 10?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm ok with that for now Kamil, I can upload myself once I understand whether this can actually be done, Thank You my friend
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
basically I want to take my whole hard-drive running windows 10 and upload to a virtual hard-drive/computer/server running windows 10 online that I can view and use - is this possible?

For Docs, Pics etc (we can put them on Google Drive online, but there is a limit on storage so you will need to purchase additional space).

If you need the programs too, then you can buy a Virtual Windows Machine online, we can setup an ftp transfer to move everything onto the virtual machine, and then install the programs there provided that we have the setup files, and serial numbers to reinstall paid programs. We can get the serial numbers using a software called belarc, and then look for setups.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I have the information I need now Kamil and can do this myself. I will give you 5 stars and release payment. Just one question, any good company for virtual windows machine?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
preferably with some kind of encrytion

Amazon AWS is the most secure and good but i am not sure about the rates. https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/

You can also host your Windows 10 and enable RDP access to it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Perfect my friend, excellent help. thank you so much and have a good night!

Welcome :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would they have automatic ftp software or will i need to install this on my machine first?

You need to configure the FTP (FileZilla Server) and have an FTP Client on your system to upload.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got it! Thanks Anwar and God bless you