John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Microsoft will not let me sign in to my computer. It keeps

Microsoft will not let me sign in to my computer. It keeps saying the password ***** ***** I have changed it several times but it doesn’t let me on
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: LENOVO with Windows 10
Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes a big windows one
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

Is this computer connected to the internet using a wireless or wired connection?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wireless

Thank you for clarifying it.Can you please make sure that its connected to wi-fi because after you change the microsoft password ***** system needs internet connection to check the password *****

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what do I do?

Did you click on the wi-fi symbol on the bottom right of the screen to make sure its connected to your wireless network?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is connected

OK can you please let me know how you changed the password ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I followed the on screen prompts

OK could you please let me know the microsoft address you used for signing in to window 10 computer that is now locked out.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don’t understand what address?

You said that you had reset the password ***** on screen instructions.Which it asks you to go to a password ***** web address and reset microsoft account password.so when you go to reset the password ***** need to enter your microsoft account address that is the address i am asking for.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That’s my email address -***@******.***

OK please open this link : - https://login.live.com then login using that email and new microsoft account password ***** see if you can sign in to microsoft account without any issues.

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That’s fine I It let me sign on my phone but not my computer

OK in that case lets try entering the password ***** on screen keyboard on windows 10 sign in screen.

Click on the ease of access icon in the lower right of the screen then select on-screen keyboard.Use that to enter the password ***** see if its working.Make sure you click on correct password ***** the on-screen keyboard.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it has but does that mean my keyboard is faulty?

Possibility is there but to make sure.Open a notepad and then type in your password ***** it and see if its typing it properly.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that’s Ok

OK then it can be a temporary issue.This is a laptop am i correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it’s a pc
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I meant desktop pc

Its OK.

Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wireless It seems to be working fine now have tried a few times with success. Thank you

Good to know.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John