Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

This is is about Skype. I could use it fine until recently,

This is is about Skype. I could use it fine until recently, when it made me download an updated version. My problem is that I cannot get into this - it just won't let me. Every time I try I receive a screen saying "This page is not recognised"! What do I do next? My Skype login is "christopheralanbirt" Thanks, ***** *****

Hi Christopher,

Many people, including myself, are having difficulty with the new version of Skype. I found the best thing to do was to revert to the old version, Classic Skype. This may still be on your PC under the list of Programme Files (you may find there are two, the old one and the new one. If not you can download it here (select Get Classic Skype from the blue drop-down button):

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Rich - I am sure that this will help a lot when I try it! Best wishes, Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me know how you get on and if my answer is helpful a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

H Chris,

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Rich. I seem to have got into Skype using the web address you provided. It is not the new version, but also different to the old version I had before. I hope that it will work when U need it this next week! Thanks for your help! Best wishes, Chris

H Chris,

That's great news.

If you could give me a positive rating that would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

H Chris,

If you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the rating stars and Finish that would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The help was really pretty good. I have used Skype today. Thank you very much.

H Chris,

That's great news.

If you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the rating stars and then Finish that would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich