Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Recently, after an automatic download (from Microsoft I

Recently , after an automatic download (from Microsoft I believe) a problem occurred. I went to my Word program which is part of Office Home & Student suite. On trying to open a document a box came on screen from the program informing me that the program was configuring and reloading. Anyway to cut the story short it ended with a triangular yellow warning message with exclamation mark and the name of a file 'stdole32.tlb'. This repeats everytime I open a document in Word and Excel. However if I cancel all instructions during the process advised above I can get to the document and I can amend and print it. If I try to attach the document to an e mail the problem transfers to the attachment.
Could you help me please
***** ***** 01903 744468 E Mail***@******.***
I have tried everything I know to alleviate the problem short of messing with the registry

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what you have tried to do to resolve this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not a lot because I am not an expert. However I have a program called tweaking.com which was advised purchase in magazine called Computer Active

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
9554