RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years of Experience, 14 Years in Corporate America, 2010 Engineering Excellence Award.
46950319

I must have an old account with you I know that payments

I must have an old account with you I know that payments have been made to my account from the booking .com web site bur I have not recieved any payment from Pay Pal ??
Josephine de Courcey Hazelbrook Farm house Cleggan Co Galway
email***@******.*** I do not have a recording of my passworhelp to recover my money d
I need

Please take a look at these steps:

When and how will I receive the payment?

When a guest makes a booking and is being charged on your behalf, you'll receive a virtual credit card from an external payment provider along with the booking details. This card gives you access to the exact amount, and you can charge it according to the charge date. Paid online will show in the Status column on the Extranet’s Reservations page, showing that the guest has been charged on your behalf.

When and how will I pay the commission for these bookings?

The commission invoice process doesn't change, so you’ll pay commission for all reservations in the same way you usually do.

For how long can I see the virtual credit card details on the Extranet – and how much time do I have to charge the card?

The virtual credit card details can be viewed as many times as you want for up to two months after the guest has checked out. However, you can still charge the card for up to six months after the check-out date. Just check the expiration date on the card.

How do exchange rates affect my payments?

Exchange rates don’t affect your payments. You’ll always receive the amount for the room rate in the currency you’ve selected in your Extranet.

Please note: If you want to charge the card in a different currency than the one you selected in your Extranet, don't forget that exchange rates will apply.

Who provides invoices for my guests?

Since the reservation agreement is created between you and the guest when they book at your property (and the guest is charged on your behalf), you’ll need to provide an invoice for them at check-out. This can be on paper, by email, or both. Note that Booking.com won't send you the invoice for the room reservation to you or the guest – that's your responsibility towards the guest. The point when the guest is charged might have tax implications for you. If you have questions about this,please check this article on local taxes.

Who takes care of any extra charges my guests might incur?

You need to take care of any extra charges not included in the total amount loaded onto the virtual credit card.Examples: Charges that are calculated per person can’t be included in the price shown on the website, so you’ll need to collect this extra amount directly from the guest.You can see the breakdown of charges by clicking on the blue text, See details (found under the reservation amount on the Reservations Details page on the Extranet).

What happens if I choose to refund a guest?

We'll help you organize repayment to the guest in the case of a refund. If you received money for the reservation all you need to do is return the amount back to the virtual credit card. The card was provided when the guest made the reservation at your accommodations and can be found in the reservation details.

If any damage occurs, how do I charge for that?

You can still arrange a damage deposit with your guests according to your house rules.

How much is the transaction fee?

The payment provider will charge your bank 2% for using the virtual credit card. If you're being charged more, you can contact your bank to find out if they're charging an intermediary fee.

What about cancellations, no-shows and modifications?

If there’s a cancellation, no-show or modification, and you’re owed any money, you’ll receive an updated virtual credit card with the notification email.

I can't charge the virtual card - what's wrong?

The main reason you might have an issue charging the card is because you are charging the wrong amount.

It’s important to check the activation date included with the reservation details. You can only charge the virtual credit card on or after this date.

You should also double-check that you're charging the exact amount on the card – this can also be found with the reservation details.

Is the amount less than you expected?

If this is the case, it’s likely that it’s not possible to include an extra charge, such as city tax. Charges that are calculated per person can't be included in the price we show on the website. So it's up to you to collect this extra amount directly from the guest.

Could it be anything else?

Another reason why it isn't working could be the merchant code on your POS terminal (your credit card machine).

Your bank will have assigned a Merchant Category Code (MCC) to your POS terminal. This code generally reflects the type of business that you have (restaurant, grocery shop etc.). To charge a virtual card for a reservation, your MCC needs to be in the category relating to accommodations – 7011.

In order to charge a virtual card for a reservation, your MCC must be the category relating to accommodation – 7011.

If this isn't the case, you can contact your POS provider (usually your bank) to have it changed to better reflect the nature of your business and to accept payment by virtual card for accommodating your guests.

There are a number of other reasons why the virtual card might not be working, so if it's none of the above, please contact us for help.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have a credit card machine

You don't need to. Can you explain in detail, the exact issue you are having please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Guests to my house paid €370.00 plus €160.00 through pay pal I cannot excess my account as I dont have a password I have never recived a cred card from Pay Pal

Here's how to reset your password ***** text:

1. Go to www.paypal.com.
  2. Click Log In at the top of the page.
  3. Click Having trouble logging in? (*do NOT close out of this window or you'll need to restart the password ***** process.)
  4. Type the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.
  5. Select Receive a text so we can confirm this is your account, and click Next.
  6. Enter the 6-digit security code we sent to your mobile and click Next.
  7. Create a new password (type it twice) and click Update.

Here's how to reset your password ***** email:

1. Go to www.paypal.com.
  2. Click Log In at the top of the page.
  5. Select Receive an email so we can confirm this is your account, and click Next.
  6. Enter the 6-digit security code we sent to your email (you may need to check or junk or spam folder) and click Continue.
  7. Select another way of confirming it's you, and click Next.
  8. After going through this last security check, create a new password (type it twice) and click Update.

Here's how to reset your password ***** phone:

1. Go to www.paypal.com.
  2. Click Log In at the top of the page.
  5. Select Have us call you so we can confirm this is your account, and click Next.
  6. You will see a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call.

If your password ***** ***** incorrectly too many times, please call us at 1-***-***-****, Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT to reset it.

1. We'll give you a 5-digit code, then send you an email.
  2. Click the link in the email.
  3. Enter the 5-digit code we gave you.
  4. Create a new password ***** select 2 security questions.