JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

The screen on my fine pix jz 310 has suddenly developed a

The screen on my fine pix jz 310 has suddenly developed a black patch which seems to be growing. This is visible when I take the photo, and is still there when I view the result but doesn't effect the down-loaded picture. Can anything be done about this?

Hi Helene,

The black patch may be what is known as a dead pixel/cluster of pixels, if its getting larger this may suggest the screen has develop a small crack from behind the front glass.

Assuming it is the screen this wouldnt affect the actual image you taking but will obviously pose issues when taking the picture, the cost of a new screen is almost the same price as buying a new camera.

Have you considered buy exactly the same camera second hand as ebay are selling one for £40 here.