David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

Lenovo G510 Laptop,keeps saying printer offline when it is

Lenovo G510 Laptop,keeps saying printer offline when it is clearly working and is brand HP Laser printer.

My name is David.

What is the name of the operating system on your computer (such as Windows 10, 8, or 7 or Mac OSX)?

Did the driver initially find the printer on the network (assuming the printer is network connected)?

Is the computer connecting to the printer over wireless?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 8,& computer did find printer,and is wireless connected.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Zlaptop is my wife computer and her email***@******.***

Ok, thanks.

Once the printer is configured it needs to receive its network information from the router on your network. In some cases it does not find it automatically. So next power down the printer and wait a couple minutes, then power up the printer and then test print to see if the printer received network information and is connected to your network.

Please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok the printer is a up colour laserjet promo m278-281 series,where is the test button,a demo page has run ok.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should read Hp printer.

Ok, so just to clarify, it printed a test page?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If demo page is a test page,yes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It would be quicker if u logged into laptop,or in fact spoke with me.

I agree - let's start the remote assistance session.

Please click the link below to open the remote assistance web page:

click here

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program. Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start the remote assistance session.

We can connect via remote assistance at a later time if you prefer. I am in the PDT time zone so my current time is 9:15AM.

If I connect I will be able to resolve the connection issue between the computer and the printer.

Or if you have time now, please click the link I have provided to start the remote assistance session and I will get started resolving the problem directly on your computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry have not got time will have to do it tomorrow.

Okay, I will be available. Please let me know what time works best for you and also your time zone.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok will do tomorrow.

Do you still need assistance?