JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

Can I just connect my macbook air via an audio quality USB

Can I just connect my macbook air via an audio quality USB cable to a network player (851N) to hear streamed music through my hifi speakers or do I need something else? I have just signed up for an apple music trial. Can I get high res music this way ? ( the speakers are not wireless.)
I have tried but nothing happens , except the music is playing on the computer, so I do kno i am connnected to the apple music.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There's no partcular hurry for this and as I need to goout for an hour or so will leave you to it and heck my emails iat about 7 .3opm in 1. 5 hours. Is there anything more you need to know?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fine if you arrange it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How shall I arrange the equipment?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not think I can send anything now bt will try to do so, or can we postpone the enquiry until tomrrow?

Hi Duncan, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Mac (including the Macbook Air) do not support USB Audio, the player you reference I assume is an Azur.

In essence this is not geared up for interfacing with computing equipment via USB but storage devices. The way the player with the Mac would be over your LAN, the player can be connected to the network via CAT5 cable or via a WIFI dongle (but this doesnt come as standard) which connects to one of the rear USB ports.

Once the player is connected to the network you can take advantage of Apple AirPlay to play content on your Mac Air.

Have a read through the above then come back to me with the questions you have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have had partial success with Spotify - but not High res music. I fear that I was mis- sold this computer, as I asked for one that would be goo d fo music streaming and downloading and so far it's been a disaster! The azur 851N is indeed connected to the network via a CAT 6 cable. (to a "Netgear" box which is itself connected to the internet via similar cable.) If this has to connnected to the Mac, it would have to be with a USB adapter, would it not? BUt ten how does it work?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I await further instructions.... I should add that I have Prkinson's disease so am slow and clumsy. Many letters go missing when I type because I cannot hit the keys evenly!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am uite happ to postpone this arrangement if it helps till tomorrrow if you wish I am quite tired and wouldnot want to go on beyond half an hour. Do let me know what you want to do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I s some thing wrong? I think we must nowpostpone this arrangement I will reconnect with you tomorrrow and ask for James. Many thanks for your help. Good evening.

Due to the time of day I had finished by the time you had responded so apologies for delay.

The Mac can connect to the Azur (and vice versa) by using your home network, so the Mac would probably connect wirelessly to the router and from that can see the Azure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you James for your help . This morning I resumed my enquiry with Katie ,( I think ), but had to leave her too. If you would read our short conversation it might help to save time and if you will, take up the secure charge once again, am sure we will beable to solvethe problems quite quickly.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please keep in mind that I am particlarly interested in getting high res music- (96 khz/ 24bit) is it best to use cable for this?

No the quality of the music is not a problem if you use wireless technology, the limitation will be on the file which is stored on your Mac.

So you just need to use Apple Air Play, to play the music

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you James. I have had a very busy few days and therefore no time to open the computer. My apologies for my apparent neglect of your reply which was not intentional. Will you perhaps guide me through the steps to use Apple Air Play, please?

The value of the question doesn't cover a detailed response, the original question and value was based around clarifying you do not use a sub to connect the Mac, and that you should use air play.

Configuring the player to access content on the Mac is rather time consuming and therefor a new question will need to be raised.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
James, I did reply to you. I read a shortened version of your reply to me and probably filed in the wrong box! I am so sorry and for having kept you waiting. I am afraid that I am sill having difficulty with the computer. I wonder if you can help me make the connection to the network player properly? I should be very grateful . if you can do a step by step process if possible, or, if you think it best you might take full charge again. I have had most of these files now for more than a year and try as I might I still have not heard a note of high resolution music from them.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are able to do this I will prepare carefully in advance, so perhaps tomorrow would be a better option than now? Do let me know convenient time for yourself please. I am in London.

I am going to opt out Duncan as you are asking multiple questions, where as the purpose of Just Answer is to ask one question.

If your seeking assistance for configuring your device (which is at the device end not the computer end) you need to raise a new question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot say that I am not disappointed. I thought that at last I was geting somewhere. Could you perhaps recommend a simple guide to downloading and playing music files with high definition please? Or perhaps another service that might help me?