Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Did a BT Technical Support person ring my number 02890421853

Did a BT Technical Support person ring my number***********early yesterday morning

Hi there and welcome

This was a fraudulent call, it was not from BT

Did you allow them access to your computer?

Please let me know

thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think he did, via Teamviewer

Ok, did you see what he did on your computer? Did he install any programs?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I couldn't see him do anything on my laptop.
He had downloaded Teamviewer, which I have deleted and Terminal, which I have deleted

Ok, are there any new icons on your desktop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only Teamviewer, which is now gone

ok, it was a scam so Basically what they will do is call a lot of phone numbers and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.

Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call you. Your computer does not report to BT or any other company so if any tech support person calls you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He said first that our BT router was not performing properly, and needed a scan

yes, it was still a scam, they just use a variations or words and tricks.