Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I need help with setting up a google plus account and

Customer Question

I need help with setting up a google plus account and linking it to my youtube channel
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Google and YouTube account question.

Google accounts include a YouTube account nowadays, since the acquisition of YouTube by Google several years ago.

So if you have a YouTube account, you have a Google login associated with it. That's where you should create the Google Plus account - that way it is 'linked', in that it is the same account as the YouTube account.

What other details do you need about this process? please let me know in Reply, so that I can address other details that you may need instructions on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I have a google account and the youtube account but I still need help because I can't see how to do it. would you be able to connect to my computer to walk me though it. Here's the problem as well. When would you do that because I had to give up last night waiting for you. Would you be able to contact me again in 5 hours because it's now the middle of the night. I had to get up to check if you had answered. Thanks for your help. I really hope we can resolve this today, Saturday.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you are able to contact me right now then great even in the middle of the night I will accept if not then please contact me again in 5 hours so I can get this done today, Saturday.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK looks like you can't canll me right now so I will look again in 5 hours time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm hoping that you can help me this morning with this Google + that I'm having problems with

I'm in the United States, pardon me for being unavailable at certain hours.

Go to

http://www.youtube.com/account_advanced

and (if you are signed in to your YouTube account) use the link to

Move channel to your Google Account or a different Brand Account

(under Account Information) which is this link:

https://www.youtube.com/account_transfer_channel

- good so far? if so, let me know and I will instruct you further - if not, stop where the problem is and let me know how far you got, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I managed to do the channel myself because I need to get this done today. My problem now is that my original channel has been lost with all the subscribers. do you know how I can get that back or has it been lost forever
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Actually your instructions have missed out a part. if you don't already have a channel you have to create it. That's what I found out for myself this morning whist panicking that I wasn't hearing back from you. The instructions that I found from Google didn't say all your stuff would be deleted forever so if you are able to let me know if I can get it back or if it has all been lost that would be helpful.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought once you were contacted by an expert that the conversation would be in real time. This is not really working for me. I seem to have to hang about for quite a time to get a response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you were able to help me with getting back my original channel subscribers that is what would be helpful. Thanks

I am not sure I have the power to get back a channel that is gone, in general, I'm sorry to say.

But in specific: was the channel Deleted or was it simply de-configured from its link with YouTube?

(or if a YouTube channel, was it deleted, or de-configured from its link with Google+ ?)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When going through what Google said to do you are told to delete the channel.

No, I did not tell you to delete any channel: It's highly inadvisable.

I cannot help you with a deleted channel - my instructions were different from that.

Since I cannot help, I regret that I must Opt Out in favor of another Expert. I have done so.