Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I seem to be unable to add a wireless router as my Internet

I seem to be unable to add a wireless router as my Internet connection; it only wants to read a cable connection. Can you advise please? I use Windows 7 (Professional).
Allan

Hi Allan,

Can you provide the make/model of your PC or laptop and does it have a WiFi capability?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's custom built, has asus processor, don't know re wifi capability. How can I check to find out?

Hi Allan,

To see if your computer has a wireless network adapter, do the following: Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Richard, but it doesn't feel worth it. My desktop machine is over 10 years old and may very well not be wifi compliant. Cheers!

Hi Allan,

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Thanks Allan,

Rich