JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I loaded avg and was told o restart the computer and then

HI
I loaded avg and was told o restart the computer and then the screen showed this message,
Boot ffrom cd no boot device available
PRESS ENTER KEY TO RETRY. NO GOOD
SATO_0 INSTALLED
SATO-1 INSTALLED
SATO-4 NONE
SATO-5 NONE
So what. Con I do as screen stays same

Hi Roy.

The message you are getting indicates that the computer is unable to start up normally.

Can you check if any bootable USBs or discs are inserted in the computer, and remove them first, then try booting up again?

Reply back and let me know if that works...

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have no cd or USB plugged in apart from keyboard, mouse

I cannot connect remotely if the computer is not booting up.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Are there any discs in the disc tray?

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No discs

Is it a Dell computer? What is the model number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also restarting no good same screen comes up
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no good same screen

Ok, then please try the following:

1. Restart / Power on the computer.
  2. As soon as it starts up, tap <F2> until the message Entering Setup appears.
  3. Boot Mode will be listed under Boot.
  4. Select UEFI using the arrow keys to navigate and press enter.
  5. Save and Exit the System Setup.
  6. Check if the system is booting normally again.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no UEFI on list
  1. Please confirm the make and model number of the computer?
  2. Also what version of Windows is installed on it?
  3. What options do you see on the list?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DELL INSPIRON 530 windows 10, System info, standard CMOS features,Advannce BIOS features,boot device configuration,advance chipset features, Itegrated Perpherals, power management setup,loaded defalts, set upervisor password, set user password, save & exit setup, Exit without Saving, Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did ou get all that

Yes thanks

Can you select the Load Defaults option and let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Selected that said Yes but when restart come up same screen wit reboot details
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wha now as that not work

If that isn't working then the Windows installation has become corrupted, and is no longer able to boot, or possibly the hard drive has failed.

How old is the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8 years

Did you install AVG for the first time, or have you used it previously?

Were any Windows files deleted or removed?

Was there plenty of space available on the hard drive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Installed first time, no windows files removed, yes I think so as it wouldn't of loaded ?
  1. Were any Windows updates pending or interrupted around the time AVG was installed?
  2. Are you certain it was a genuine AVG install directly from the free.avg.com website?
  3. What was the reason for installing AVG? e.g. did you have any problems with viruses on the system?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No windows update, yes avg site, reason installed this as had another software installed which was run out and more expennsive

Ok, then there doesn't seem to be anything that you have done to cause Windows to stop working - it seems that either the Windows installation has suddenly gotten corrupted at the same time as AVG was installed, or the hard drive has suddenly failed.

Do you have the Dell recovery discs available that came with the computer when new?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No disc as computer as. Fro a family member they lost itNo don't have disc
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what know
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there ?Are you there ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do I do know?

Sorry for the delay; just checking recovery options.

If you don't have the recovery disks then your best option is to install a new hard drive with a fresh installation of Windows.

You can keep the existing hard drive and connect it as a secondary drive - if it is not completely damaged then you should be able to recover your files from it.

The main thing is to get a reliable working hard drive with Windows installed to get the computer up and running again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

--------------

Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thanks

Ok, please submit a rating to finish :)
Thanks!
Pete.

Hi Roy, I see you requested additional assistance, do you need anything further?

JamesI, Consultant
Experience: 20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok