Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a 1 year old Sony Digital still camera. I have just

Customer Question

I have a 1 year old Sony Digital still camera. I have just come back from South Africa and took my memory card into my local photo shop in Devizes to have the images developed and strangely 25 of them did not print out. They were in the middle of the rest that did get printed. Looking through the camera today I cannot view any of the lost images, I just see a ? and unable to display. Is there any way I can retrieve my lost images?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Janet, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

It suggests the files (images) have become corrupted.

Please send me an example of one of the images which will not load (using the attach button), and I will see if I can recover the file and then talk you through how to do it to the others.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot send you anything because nothing is showing up on the memory card for the missing images.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, have you received my latest reply?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Yes sorry about the delay, if there are no files shown on the SD it points towards a fault writing to the card. In which case its likely to be a faulty SD card. How are you viewing the files on the SD card (is it plugged directly into the laptop or are you viewing it via the camera)?