John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Typing from liz, trying to get on to online banking, ask for

hi typing from liz, trying to get on to online banking, ask for a security certificate?

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

On which web browser are you trying to access your online banking site also Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
windows 7

OK on which web browser are you trying to access your online banking site?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
internet explorer and norton

OK IE is not actually recommended for browser websites but we can try to fix it before that do you have any other web browser in the computer like chrome,Firefox ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
chrome

Have you tried accessing this banking site on chrome?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it comes up certificate error

OK is the time and date on your computer correct?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic computer also which web browser are you using now to chat with me?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Norton browers

In that case it’s best that I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is a micro soft certificate that stops me entering the online banking can we just take of the certificate?

These are security verification certificates which is needed for secure online browsing we cannot simply take it off that is why i need to check it directly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I pay annually for Norton is nt it the same thing?

Sir/Ma'am this is justanswer which is a paid and independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. We do not have any tie up with any companies but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing. We have been online for more than 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403#bbbseal Please let me know whether you wish to continue with our tech support or not.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will continue but I would like you to remove the micro soft certification so I do not have this problem again

Shall i give you the link to do remote support?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hi john are you still there?

Yes i am still here and i have replied you above if you haven't seen it i will resend it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
tried that but a security alert came up

I didn't suggest anything i offering you remote support to access your computer and then check this issue directly.Shall i give you the link to do the remote support ?

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5318cb11-796b-49df-a3b2-04de36c679b4 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Fixed browser issue using remote access. Have a Great God Blessed Day.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John