JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I have a galaxy tablet A6, have had to do a total reset due

Customer Question

I have a galaxy tablet A6, have had to do a total reset due to Grandaughter logging in and setting a password ***** kids etc, wife is furious have had google account before bu cannot find password ***** created a totally new account burt it is now asking for me to put previous account which was sync what is this ???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you advise the exact wording shown on the screen, secondly do you know the google username\email you setup originally as we can probably do a password *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
firstly have just found your initial answer on my wife`s phone !! the answer is not known for password, have created a brand new account for google which has been accepted and after entering on the tablet it then asks me to verify account as it was reset and to continue the sign in enter a previous account that was previously synced on this device, have tried various combination with no success please send reply to***@******.*** thanks Norman
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
am sending this to you on a PC can open the tablet for you and have left it on verifying your account it is the tablet i have a problem with the new account works on this pc
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you access the tablet?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi I cant access the tablet I am afraid, remote assistance only works on PC's.

With regard to the issue, as a security feature you need to login with your old e-mail address and password ***** allow the new account to be assigned to the tablet.

Do you know which email address was used to setup the tablet originally?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you rta the tablet?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Sorry can you rephrase the last comment?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you do remote assistance on the tablet?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No we cant remotely connect to Galaxy tablets.

Can you advise if you know the original e-mail address used when setting up the tablet, if so I can talk you through the process required for assigning the tablet to the new account.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ive not heard back from you do you still need help getting the tablet assigned to the new e-mail account?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?