JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I have just purchased a used Palm Tungsten T5 PDA. It

I have just purchased a used Palm Tungsten T5 PDA. It appears to be functional but is password ***** How can I retrieve/override the previous owner's password?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. James

Have you downloaded the manual for the T5 and followed instructions on page 498 to 500.

We cant remotely connect to PDA's I am afraid.

If you havent looked at the manual you can download it here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello. Answer please...

I have responded above, did you see the response or do you want me to resend it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it doesn't help, as I cannot get past the "enter password" screen

So you do have the button which says 'Lost Password' next to OK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no forgotten password *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I can see is the "enter password" screen. Alphanumeric keypad with buttons for Owner, Hint, Clear, OK, and a place to enter the password. If I press OK, I get a screen "incorrect password ***** a hint (which is of course useless).

Ok lets try a hard reset then...

1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, use the tip of your stylus or paper clip to press and release reset button, located to the rear.

3. The device will restart, when you see the Palm logo release the power button
4. When prompted to confirm factory reset, press the up key, then any other key.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This looks promising. Device now says"reformatting - may take several minutes". I'll let you know...

Great will await to hear back from you.

I am just stepping away from the machine for 30 minutes but will follow up with you on my return, however this reset should resolve your issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
100% working!!! Thank you. Job well done.

So I can close the case please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.

Have a good day.

James