Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  30 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

How can I use DisplayFusion to extend my display across two

Customer Question

How can I use DisplayFusion to extend my display across two monitors?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Nicola, Sorry about the confusion but I had to go to work. I went to How to Geek and was advised to download Display Fusion which I did. However I was unable to work out how to use it to extend the display across my two monitors. I can wait but can anyone help? Reg T
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Windows 7 will already allow you to display across two monitors depending on the type of video card your have. Please let me know the make and model of your computer and we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dan, Srory for the delay but can we continue with my question How to use DisplayFusion to extend the display across two monitors?Computer OS: Windows 7
Browser: Opera
Already Tried: I have tried Windows 7 own display system to set up two monitors.I want to extend the display across both monitors.The graphics card is a GeForce GTX650 ti.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Yes I would be happy to. I will be around periodically throughout the day, so just leave a message here and I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dan, Sorry but I have already decided that I am not likely to be able to extend the display with my rig so I have given op. Thanks for your offer. Reg
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what type of monitors you are using and if you have dual video outputs from the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dan, O.K. I will give it one more try. The two monitors are ViewSonic AW19 with VGA output only. The graphics card has VGA, DVI-I and HDMI sockets. I have one monitor connected to the VGA, and the other connected to the DVI-I sdcket by way of a DVI-I to VGA converter ,which works well. The two screens work together and I am able to move things between them O.K. It is just that I cannot use both as one picture.
It may be a limitation of VGA monitors or perhaps there is a setting somewhere to adjust. Can you help? RegT
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Try this. Press and hold the Windows key then press the P key. That will bring up a menu that you can experiment with to see if you can make the display changes you want.