Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle is in a leather case and when it is opened it

my kindle is in a leather case and when it is opened it immediately comes on. Now nothing happens when I open it. This happened after I had charged it. Can you help please?
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: kindle paper white. I don't know the OS
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it out of the case and pressed the start button and I have put the charger lead in again - nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This kindle is Jean 2 as I have another one. I hope you can help - I am a pensioner and not very technical

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you so much - it worked! Please cancel the connection as I hopefully won't need to contact you again.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.