Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Xerox Phaser 7500 Printer and after doing some

I have a Xerox Phaser 7500 Printer and after doing some printing, I forgot to switch it off. It was on all night and when I tried to use it the next morning, it had shut itsekf down and will not now switch on. I have cheched fuses in the power supply and have tried different leads but to no avail. Can you advise please
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Xerox Phaser 7500DN
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: It happened two days ago and I have not been able to get assistance from either the seller or Xerox, because I do not have an expensive contract with them.
Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I cannot remember but it was when Microsoft was dpenloading Windows 10, a while ago.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

Firstly, can you try another electrical device in that particular mains socket to ensure that it is working OK please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Have tried another appliance in the socket and it works just fine.

Unfortunately, it could be a faulty power switch, internal fuse/power supply or some other electrical fault.

Maybe, somewhere like PC World would investigate it for you as a one-off rather than on a maintenance contract?

Best Regards,

Rich

Richard Hill, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.