Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Humax youview, Assistant: What's the brand and model of your

Humax youview ,
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: humax youview on television not lit,
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung UE43J5600AK NOT 2 years okl
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can get all smart eg I player etc
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: I returned last night from holiday, don’t know if Neigbour looking after my dog has used it,usually if white light isn’t on, can turn off every , tele and Humax, will then be normal, done that 3 times , tele ok, but no Humax you view lit
Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the TV Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No as a senior cit, I just need some help to get back to normal, thank you

HI there and welcome

Is the TV showing signals from other devices such as your Bluray player otr anything else?

Please let me now

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Tv has no probs, only white circle for Humax DTR-T1010 is coming on, switched tv an Humax you view more than once ( that usually sorts it!!)

Remove the power to the Humax, wait 10 minutes, connect the power and tell me if it then functions please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m a senior cit and have just paid £5 I can do no more
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have done that 3 times over the course of the morning, to no avail

Are any lights showing on the Humax at all?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No and I’ve wiggled the batteries

Can you connect the Humax to a different power socket please and tell me if it works there.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It has come on, white light!!!!!! What can I do in the future, other than what I have repeated all morning, thanks if that has been in any part down to you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I did not ask for secure assistance

Only the steps we did or using a different power socket

I cancelled the secure assist

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for that
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have done nothing different from what I would normally do, and would be interested to know what has happened from your end

Nothing, just the instructions I gave you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks again