Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My ipad is about 3 months old but now it is completely black

my ipad is about 3 months old but now it is completely black and wont charge?
Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?
Customer: it looks dead and i have tried 3 different chargers and now have it plugged into the PC and it still does not even have the apple symbol, just black
Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?
Customer: well its only about 3 months old, bought from the apple store in Reading, shall I take it back?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: its an ipad 2018?

Hi there and welcome

Can you please connect the charger to the iPad then hold the home and power buttons on the iPad until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it now functions please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
that seems to have fixed it! it is asking me if I trust the computer as that is where it is plugged in. Why did it go black and refuse to charge?

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you it is fixed....