TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  6 College Certificates, 16 years exp, Own Computer Business
13888338

I want to replace the ssd card. My brother told me to remove

I want to replace the ssd card. My brother told me to remove the battery before I do so.
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Asus q505u
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the back cover
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your question today..

These situations are not easy to do blindly like this but im going to try to guide you.....

With the back cover off do you see the connector with red, white, yellow and black wires coming off the battery?

That is how you disconnect the battery,, it will disconnect on the BOARD side, not battery side

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I tried to lift the cover off on the keyboard side, but it just came off at the back.

Yes the back is where we need to be

Did you disconnect the battery as I explain above?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay. I can see the wires you describe

I do not know your technical background but be very gentle with that connector and avoid pulling the wires

I usually use my finger nails to gently pull it out

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay I did it

Once that has been carefully unplugged, we can begin the drive extraction

On the drive enclosure facing the battery you will see the long black connector, unplug that first

It should look like this

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Mine looks like that, but with that black wire in the top right of that image

Disconnect the connector from that enclosure then unscrew the 4 screw on the tabs on the OUTSIDE of the drive bay

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay

Once you have done that you will be able to LIFT OUT the enclosure from the laptop

You can then unscrew the 4 retaining screws holding the drive cage to the drive itself

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Lifted it out. Working on four more screws

Top man, thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Got it. I'm just going to work backwards for here now to switch it out and put it back together, yes?

Thats correct, same exact steps in reverse order

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Brilliant. Thank you for your help!

Your very welcome, please dont forget to hook the battery up :-)

Ive had some customer forget that and put it ALL back together hahaha it is quite a scene

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the very top of the screen by scrolling all the way up before you leave, as this is how I am paid by the website. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more but please never rate negatively without giving me a chance to help further. Thankyou