TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  6 College Certificates, 16 years exp, Own Computer Business
13888338

I get message "Bluetooth:not available" on my Mac book pro

I get message "Bluetooth:not available" on my Mac book pro OS X El capitan
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Mac book pro OS X EL capitan v 10.11.6
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since this morning. Tried a restart
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will your advice cost?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with your question today..

Please give me a moment to read over your question and I will reply very shortly

While I read over your question please acknowledge that you understand the below statement..

Important Note – You will see offers for premium services come up on your screen which are completely optional, They are NOT sent from me and I cannot see them at all. Simply X out of the popups if you don’t want that optional service…. Thankyou

From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+G open Go To Folder and enter the following path:

/Library/Preferences/

Locate the file named “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist” and delete it (you may see a com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.lockfile too, if so delete that as well) – this is a system folder so you will need to authenticate with an admin user

Head to the Apple menu and choose “Shut Down” to power down the Mac, DO NOT DO A RESTART

Wait about 5 minutes before you power it up again, dont start it up straight away

Now go to the bluetooth menu or system preferences window to resync your hardware and it should all be working now

Please let me know, this should fix the issues

Thanks, Mike

How did that work for you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Issue fixed Rgds Miles

Your very welcome, My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the very top of the screen by scrolling all the way up before you leave, as this is how I am paid by the website. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more but please never rate negatively without giving me a chance to help further. Thankyou