David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I still have a problem with google photos.on showing a list

I still have a problem with google photos.on showing a list of family history,I clicked on the date taken,and now the image is frozen with the date overlaid.can you help?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am still waiting for an answer.

My name is David.

If the problem is happening only with photos located on the Google Drive, memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord and remove the battery from the router/modem as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then reinstall the battery if it has one, plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If the photos are stored locally on your computer do the following:

Press Command+Space to open Spotlight search and type “Disk Utility” and press Enter.

In the Disk Utility application, select the disk or partition to check — which in this case is the system partition is named “Macintosh HD” by default — and then click the “First Aid” button.

Note that the First Aid function can run on an entire disk, or an individual partition depending on what you select.

Select Verify Disk Permissions, then select Repair Disk Permissions if that button is not grayed out.

Then select Verify Disk, and once it completes select Repair Disk if that button is not grayed out.

After running the utility, restart the computer and test to see if the issues are resolved.

David L, Systems Engineer
Experience: Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No command button,no spotlight.this is the new iPad plus 2018.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Where is the command button?

Ok then instead select the Settings app, then select General then Software Update to check for updates to the iOS. If an update is available, install it, then restart the iPad and retest to see if the issue is fixed.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I do not require remote assistance now,as David has told me to download updates which worked.as you were not able to provide remote assistance as no one was available,please credit my account.
Terry Hartley.

Very good and thanks for letting me know!

Yes since we did not start the remote session you should not be charged for that - just check with Just Answer customer service if you have any concerns about remote assistance charges.

Best regards,

David.